Your child’s birthday is approaching pretty quickly and you have no idea what to do! How are you supposed to entertain all of the kids that you’ll be inviting? Sometimes it can be a hassle trying to keep kids busy and safe, but here are some ideas that you may want to consider:
8 Ways to Entertain Kids at a Birthday Party
- Hire an entertainer. A professional entertainer, such as a magician, is the perfect way to keep the guests amused! If you don’t think you can afford one, just ask about packages or deals. The kids will have so much fun watching or interacting with an entertainer!
- Get someone to help you with the children. Sometimes an entertainer just doesn’t fit into your budget. Plus, this leaves you free to be the hostess to the party and keep everything in check!
- Pick a theme for your party. Decide on a theme and then search online for different things that can go with your theme. Use the Internet to find all of the things that pertain to your theme. You’ll find all sorts of ideas for birthday cakes, games, party favors, decorating ideas, etc.
- Give out prizes. This will definitely catch every child’s attention! Kids love to get prizes when they play games, but make sure you don’t give out candy or any prize that someone can choke on. Plus, all the sugar in candy can make the kids hyper.
- Set up games. Balloon games are easy to do and super fun for the young ones. The kids can have balloon sword fights, balloon popping games and other fun and easy games for two children to play at a time (two children at a time will help you keep everyone under control). Have the other children cheer on the two who are playing. You can plan on spending 30 to 40 minutes on games.
- Paint faces. It’s always a hit with the children to have a face painting station at birthday parties. You don’t have to be a great artist – you may even want to have the entertainment do this if they offer it! Just make sure the paint being used is safe for everyone.
- Learn some basic balloon twisting. There are tons of tutorials online to help you learn how to twist balloon animals. You don’t have to do anything fancy – dogs, swords, or hats made out of balloons will make the guests happy.
- Try some arts and crafts. Arts and crafts are always a big hit and get the creative juices flowing! Head to a craft store and select pieces that correlate with the party’s theme.