The food for your child’s birthday party should be fun, easy to make, and even easier to eat. You want to be sure that your ideas are colorful, simple and match your theme if there is one. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you create the menu for your child’s birthday party.
Creating a Menu for Your Childs Birthday
- Most food that you serve can be prepared ahead of time and kept in airtight containers, such as cakes and biscuits.
- You should keep quantities fairly small to ensure that the children won’t overeat from excitement. Bite-size foods are always a great option.
- Mixing up sweet and savory items would be a smart idea. You can even cut the food into fun shapes!
- The food on the menu will most likely be finger food, so be sure to have plenty of bright, colorful napkins.
- It would be in your best interest to start shopping and cooking several days before the party.
- Try and avoid items that contain nuts – many people are allergic to nuts, so you don’t want to take that risk.
- Mark each child’s cup with their name so that nobody is exchanging nasty germs.
- Keep the birthday cake out of sight and reach until you’re ready to present it. You don’t want to ruin the grand entrance!
- Sandwiches are simple and delicious treats for kids. You can shape them into fun shapes.